Is it just me that freezes bacon? I hate to waste such a precious cut of meat! So whenever we do not finish a packet of bacon, we freeze it for the future.
But what to do when you need a few slices of bacon, but don’t want to wait for them to thaw? Well, that’s where an air fryer comes in handy! Air fryers are great for cooking frozen foods quickly and evenly.
I can hardly call this a recipe actually as it’s really that simple!
How to air fry frozen bacon
• Frozen Bacon
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C)
2. Place the bacon in the air fryer basket.
3. Cook for 6-8 minutes, flipping halfway through.
4. Once the bacon is crisp and golden brown, remove it from the air fryer and let cool on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess grease.
5. Serve your delicious crispy bacon and enjoy!
• If your air fryer is overloaded with bacon, cook the slices in two batches to ensure even cooking and crispness.
• You can also sprinkle some seasonings or herbs onto the bacon before it goes into the air fryer for added flavour.
• Keep an eye on your bacon as it cooks, since cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of your bacon.
• If your bacon is not crispy enough, cook it for a few more minutes at a higher temperature until you get the desired crispiness.
Additional Recipe Ideas
Once you master cooking frozen bacon in an air fryer, why not try some of these recipes too?
If you don’t have frozen bacon, you can also use fresh bacon in the air fryer. Simply preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) and cook the bacon for 4-5 minutes, flipping halfway through until it is crisp.
The cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the bacon slices, so keep an eye on them as they cook!
Cooked bacon will last in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or stored in a freezer bag for up to 3 months. It’s best reheated in the oven or air fryer. When reheating cooked bacon make sure it is piping
Can I stack the bacon in an air fryer?
No, you should always lay the bacon flat in a single layer so that it cooks evenly and crisply. Stacking or overlapping the bacon can cause uneven cooking.
How long do I need to cook frozen bacon in an air fryer?
Generally speaking, Frozen Bacon will take 6-8 minutes at 400°F (200°C). However, the cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of your bacon. Keep an eye on it as it cooks and adjust accordingly.
What should I do with leftover cooked bacon?
Leftover cooked bacon can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or stored in a freezer bag for up to 3 months. It’s best reheated in the oven or air fryer. When reheating cooked bacon make sure it is piping hot before serving.
How do I make bacon wrapped scallops? You can follow my recipe here:
How do I make bacon in a instant vortex?
This is what I have! You just have to follow a few steps to make crisp bacon in an Instant Vortex. Preheat your Instant Vortex to 370 degrees F (188 degrees C). Place the bacon strips in a single layer on the bottom of the vortex and cook for 6 minutes. Flip the bacon over and continue cooking for another 5-6 minutes or until they are crispy.
So there you have it, frozen bacon in the air fryer! With a few simple steps, you can enjoy delicious and crispy bacon without all the fat of deep-fried versions. Plus, it’s ready in minutes – no need to wait for thawing! Enjoy your air fried frozen bacon!
Happy cooking! 🙂
Air Fryer Frozen Bacon
- 8 Slices Frozen Bacon
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C)
- Place the bacon in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Once the bacon is crisp and golden brown, remove it from the air fryer and let cool on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess grease.
- Serve your delicious crispy bacon and enjoy!