Once February hits, it’s time to start thinking about Valentine’s Day! So what till it be? Why not surprise your special someone with a unique and delicious treat – Air Fryer Candied Bacon Roses!
This tasty treat is a great way to make your Valentine’s Day extra special. Not only are the bacon roses incredibly delicious, but they are also easy to make with an air fryer. All you need for this recipe is thin strips of bacon and brown sugar.
Whether you’re looking to surprise your loved one with a bouquet of meat or just want an indulgent snack all to yourself, Air Fryer Candied Bacon Roses are sure to hit the spot!
– 11 slices of bacon
– ¾ cup of brown sugar
1. Preheat your aifryer to 400°F (204°C).
2. Lay the bacon out flat, on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
3. Sprinkle the bacon with brown sugar and begin to roll it up into rose shapes.
Put toothpicks in the ends to hold them together.
4. Place the bacon roses in the air fryer and cook for 7-10 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
5. Once done cooking, allow them to cool before attaching them to bouquet stems. I had old fake roses so I pulled off the buds and attached them to the stems.
– If you don’t have air fryer, you can bake the bacon in the oven at 400°F (204°C) for 12-15 minutes.
– You can also use maple syrup or honey instead of brown sugar.
– If desired, add a few drops of liquid smoke to bring out an extra smoky flavor.
Presentation and Storage
Once your Candied Bacon Roses are finished cooking and cooling, arrange them into a bouquet and wrap with some cellophane paper to make it look presentable!
Q: Can I use thick cut bacon for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use either regular or thick cut bacon. Keep in mind that the thicker the bacon, the longer it will take to cook and crisp up.
Q: Can I add additional flavors to the mixture?
A: Absolutely! If desired, you can add a few drops of liquid smoke, chili powder, garlic powder or even cayenne pepper to give your Candied Bacon Roses an extra kick!
Q: How can I store my Candied Bacon Roses?
A: The best way to store them is in an airtight container in the fridge. They should last up to 1 week when stored properly.
Q: What is a bacon flower?
A: A bacon flower is an edible treat made by wrapping thin strips of bacon around a skewer in a petal-like pattern. They are cooked in an air fryer at 400°F (204°C) for 7-10 minutes until golden brown.
Q: What is the best way to make a bouquet of Candied Bacon Roses?
A: The best way to make a bouquet of bacon roses is to use toothpicks or skewers to hold them together. Once finished cooking and cooling, arrange them into a bouquet and wrap with some cellophane paper for presentation.
So there you have it, for the meat lovers out there, why not try making your own bacon flower or DIY meat bouquet?
With some simple ingredients and a preheated air fryer, you can make beautiful bacon roses, rosettes, and other tasty treats that your family will love.
Whether you’re creating a bacon bouquet delivery for someone special or reheating bacon in an air fryer for a quick treat, these delicious creations are sure to please!
Like I’ve done with this recipe, add some sweetness with candied bacon roses or add some unexpected flair with chocolate bacon roses. (Yes, it’s a thing!)
Eating great food can be a real work of art – so let your creative juices flow and get creative with the ultimate gift: the meat bouquet!
Want more Valentine’s Day-themed recipes? See below!
- Air Fryer Garlic Steak Bites
- Valentine’s Day cookies
- Air Fryer chicken drumsticks
- Air Fryer Potatoes
Air Fryer Candied Bacon Roses
- 11 slices Thin cut bacon
- ¾ cup Brown sugar