If you’re craving a sweet and comforting treat, look no further than homemade applesauce. This Instant Pot Applesauce recipe is not only incredibly easy to make, but it also yields a flavorful and aromatic result that will leave you wanting more.
Whether you enjoy it hot or cold, this vegan-friendly recipe is sure to become a household favorite. So grab your Instant Pot and let’s get cooking!
- 2 lbs. Granny Smith apples
- 2 lbs. Honeycrisp apples
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2-4 tablespoons organic cane sugar (adjust according to desired sweetness)
- ¾ cup water
- Start by preparing the apples. Peel them, remove the core, and cut them into small pieces.
- In your Instant Pot, add the apple pieces, water, sugar, and cinnamon sticks. Give it a good mix to ensure all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Set your Instant Pot to pressure cook on high and make sure the vent is sealed. Cook for 8 minutes. Please note that while the cooking time is 8 minutes, the Instant Pot will take some additional time to come to pressure.
- Once the cooking time is complete, perform a quick release to release the pressure. Be cautious while doing this, as the steam can be hot.
- Now it’s time to turn those cooked apples into a smooth and creamy applesauce. Use an immersion blender to blend the mixture until it has reached your preferred consistency. If you prefer a chunkier applesauce, you can use a potato masher instead.
- Your homemade Instant Pot Applesauce is now ready to be enjoyed! Serve it hot for a comforting treat or chill it in the refrigerator for a refreshing snack.
- Experiment with different apple varieties to find your favorite flavor combination. Granny Smith and Honeycrisp apples work well in this recipe, but feel free to mix and match with other apple varieties.
- Adjust the amount of sugar according to your taste preference. You can start with 2 tablespoons and gradually add more if desired.
- To enhance the cinnamon flavor, you can lightly toast the cinnamon sticks before adding them to the Instant Pot.
- If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can use a regular blender or food processor. Just be cautious when blending hot liquids.
- If you prefer a sugar-free applesauce, you can omit the organic cane sugar altogether or substitute it with a sweetener of your choice, such as maple syrup or honey.
- For an extra burst of flavor, you can add a squeeze of lemon juice or a sprinkle of nutmeg to the applesauce.
Q: How long can I store the Instant Pot Applesauce?
A: This applesauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Make sure to give it a good stir before serving.
Q: Can I freeze the applesauce?
A: Yes, you can freeze the applesauce in freezer-safe containers for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before using.
Q: Can I use a different type of sweetener?
A: Absolutely! Feel free to use your preferred sweetener, such as brown sugar, agave nectar, or stevia. Adjust the amount according to taste.
Q: Is there a recipe for Whole30-approved applesauce? A: Yes, you can find a recipe for Whole30 Applesauce on The Real Food Dietitians’ website at this link.
Q: Can I make applesauce using a Ninja Foodi? A: Yes, you can make applesauce using a Ninja Foodi. There are various recipes available online, such as the one on Ninja Kitchen’s website at this link.
Q: Is there a recipe available for making a small batch of applesauce? A: Yes, you can find a recipe for Small Batch Applesauce on Baking Mischief’s website at this link.
Making your own Instant Pot Applesauce is a delightful and rewarding experience. With just a few simple ingredients and your trusty Instant Pot, you can create a tasty and versatile treat that can be enjoyed in various ways. Whether you savor it hot or cold, this vegan-friendly applesauce is sure to satisfy your cravings. So why not give it a try and indulge in a homemade delight that will make your taste buds sing?
Instant Pot Applesauce
- 2 lb Granny Smith apples
- 2 lbs Honeycrisp apples
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 4 tbsp Organic cane sugar (adjust according to desired sweetness)
- ¾ cup Water
- Peel the apples, remove the core, and cut in small pieces.
- Add the apple pieces, water, sugar and cinnamon to the instant pot and mix well.
- Set the instant pot to pressure cook on high and make sure the vent is sealed. Cook for 8 minutes, and then do a quick release.
- Using a immersion blender, blend until it has reached the preferred consistency.
- Enjoy hot or cold.