These bite-sized treats were soooo good that it was super hard to stop myself from devouring the entire batch! They are the perfect finger food that will have your guests coming back for more. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time, you’ll have a crowd-pleasing dish in no time.
The smokies….also known as mini sausages, add a savory and juicy element, while the bacon brings a crispy and smoky goodness to each bite. And let’s not forget about the star of the show – the brown sugar. As it caramelizes in the air fryer, it forms a delectable glaze that perfectly balances the salty and sweet flavors.
- 1 package of smokies (mini sausages)
- 1 package of bacon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
Cut the bacon slices into two.
Wrap each smokie with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
Sprinkle on brown sugar over a plate
Place the wrapped smokies in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and the smokies are heated through.
Remove the smokies from the air fryer and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess grease.
Serve warm and enjoy!
- For extra flavor, brush the smokies with your favorite barbecue sauce before wrapping them in bacon.
- If you prefer a spicier version, sprinkle some chili powder or cayenne pepper over the brown sugar before rolling the smokies.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can also bake the wrapped smokies in a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through and crispy.
- You can use turkey bacon instead of regular bacon for a healthier alternative.
- If you’re not a fan of smokies, you can substitute them with cocktail franks or mini hot dogs.
Can I make these bacon wrapped little smokies with brown sugar ahead of time? Yes, you can prepare the wrapped smokies ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook them. Simply roll them in the brown sugar right before air frying or baking.
Can I use a different type of sugar? While brown sugar adds a delicious caramelized flavor, you can experiment with other sugars like granulated sugar, maple syrup, or honey for different taste variations.
Can I use turkey bacon instead of regular bacon? Absolutely! Turkey bacon is a healthier alternative and will work well in this recipe.
Can I make these in the oven instead of an air fryer? Yes, you can. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and bake the wrapped smokies for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through and crispy.
Can I use different types of sausages? Yes, you can use cocktail franks or mini hot dogs instead of smokies if you prefer.
How can I add more flavor to these smokies? You can brush the smokies with your favorite barbecue sauce before wrapping them in bacon for an extra flavor boost.
What can I serve with Air Fryer Brown Sugar Smokies? These smokies make a great appetizer on their own, but you can also serve them with dipping sauces like barbecue sauce, honey mustard, or spicy mayo.
Can I make a vegetarian version of this recipe? Yes, you can substitute the smokies with vegetarian sausages and use vegan bacon alternatives to make a vegetarian-friendly version.
Can I make this recipe gluten-free? Yes, ensure that the sausages and bacon you use are gluten-free, and use a gluten-free brown sugar alternative if needed.
Enjoy these Air Fryer Brown Sugar Smokies as a mouthwatering appetizer at your next gathering! They are sure to be a hit with everyone. Happy cooking!
Air Fryer Brown Sugar Smokies
- 20 smokies Smokies (mini sausages)
- 10 Slices Bacon
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- Preheat your air fryer to 385°F
- Cut the bacon slices into two.
- Wrap each smokie with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle on brown sugar over a platePlace the wrapped smokies in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and the smokies are heated through.
- Remove the smokies from the air fryer and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess grease.Serve warm and enjoy!