Creamy, delicious and full of flavor, ube milkshake is a refreshing treat that is sure to please. This sweet treat is sure to put a smile on the faces of anyone who tries it. It’s made with just a few ingredients and requires minimal effort. Plus, the beautiful purple color is sure to impress!
What is Ube?
Ube is a type of yam grown in the Philippines. It has a sweet, nutty flavor and its vibrant purple color makes it ideal for use in desserts. Ube is often used to make ice cream, cakes, and even milkshakes!
– 1 cup vanilla ice cream
– 2 tablespoons of ube powder
– ¼ teaspoon of ube extract
– ½ cup coconut milk
– 2 tablespoons condensed milk
– A pinch of salt (optional)
1. In a blender, combine ice cream, ube powder, extract, coconut milk and condensed milk. Blend on low until combined.
2. Taste the milkshake and adjust sweetness or add a pinch of salt if needed.
3. Pour into glasses and garnish with ube powder or whipped cream for extra flavor!
– You can also use ube ice cream instead of vanilla for an extra intense flavor.
– If the milkshake isn’t sweet enough, add more condensed milk to taste.
– For those that prefer a thicker shake, freeze the mixture in an ice cube tray before blending.
– Ube powder can be found in specialty stores and some supermarkets. It is also available online!
– Ube extract can be substituted with purple food color or ube jam.
– Coconut milk can be replaced with any other kind of milk.
– Condensed milk can be swapped out for sugar or honey.
– Vanilla ice cream can also be replaced with frozen yogurt.
Q: How long does the milkshake last?
A: The milkshake will keep in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
Q: What other flavors can I use in my milkshake?
A: You can experiment with different kinds of fruit, nuts, spices and syrups for more unique flavor combinations.
Q: Can I make this recipe vegan-friendly?
A: Yes! Simply substitute the dairy products with plant-based alternatives like almond milk or coconut cream.
Q: Is ube powder hard to find?
A: Ube powder is becoming increasingly popular, so it shouldn’t be too hard to find. It’s available in some supermarkets and specialty stores, as well as online.
Q: How can I sweeten the milkshake?
A: You can use condensed milk or honey to sweeten your milkshake. Alternatively, add a few drops of vanilla extract for extra sweetness.
Q: Why is ube milkshake so popular?
A: Ube milkshake is a popular treat because its vibrant purple color makes it eye-catching and fun. Plus, the sweet nutty flavor makes it an irresistible treat! It’s also incredibly easy to make at home, with just a few simple ingredients and minimal effort.
Q: What are other ways to enjoy ube?
A: Ube can be enjoyed in many different ways! It can be mashed up into a paste and used as a topping for pancakes, waffles, oatmeal and more. It can also be blended with frozen banana slices and ice cubes to make a smoothie bowl or added to cakes.
Q: What other ingredients can I add to the milkshake?
A: You can get creative with this recipe and add your favorite toppings like chocolate chips, crushed nuts, sprinkles or even marshmallows for an extra special treat. You could also add a scoop of ice cream or may- be powder or whipped cream for extra flavor!
Q: How can I make this milkshake extra creamy?
A: You can add a scoop of ice cream or some full-fat Greek yogurt for an extra creamy and delicious milkshake. Adding a few tablespoons of coconut cream or heavy cream will also do the trick! You could also try blending in a banana for added texture and sweetness. Enjoy experimenting and creating your own unique variations!
Q: Is there an alternative to ube powder?
A: Yes, if you can’t find ube powder, a pinch of purple food coloring and a teaspoon of vanilla extract can be used as substitutes. A pinch of cinnamon could also be used to achieve a similar flavor profile.
This recipe is sure to become a favorite for all kinds of occasions. Whether you serve it as part of brunch or end the night on a sweet note, your guests will love this unique take on the traditional milkshake.
- 1 Cup Vanilla ice cream
- 2 tbsp Ube powder
- ¼ tsp Ube extract
- ½ Cup Coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Condensed milk
- A pinch of salt (optional)
- In a blender, combine ice cream, ube powder, extract, coconut milk and condensed milk. Blend on low until combined.
- Taste the milkshake and adjust sweetness or add a pinch of salt if needed.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with ube powder or whipped cream for extra flavor!