I know what you’re thinking, tinned potatoes? In my air fryer? Yes, yes and yes! These turned out great! They’re crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, and they cook up in just a few minutes.
Why use tinned potatoes?
Well..tinned anything is a great way to save time and energy. You can get pre-sliced potatoes that cook evenly and quickly, plus they are already cooked so you don’t have to worry about them being undercooked or overcooked.
1 (28 oz) can of whole peeled potatoes
1 tbsp avocado oil
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
2. Drain the canned potatoes and rinse them well with water.
3. Pat the potatoes dry with a paper towel.
4. Cut the potatoes into bite-size pieces.
5. Place the potatoes in a bowl and toss them with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
6. Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket in an even layer.
7. Cook for 8 minutes at 400 degrees F, shaking the basket halfway through cooking time.
8. Remove from air fryer and serve warm!
- If you don’t have avocado oil, you can use any other type of high heat oil
- Feel free to adjust the seasonings as desired. You could also add some garlic powder or Italian herbs for flavor!
- If you don’t have a can of potatoes on hand, feel free to use fresh potatoes instead. Just make sure they are cut into bite-size pieces before air frying!
- Make sure to shake the basket halfway through cooking so that the potatoes cook evenly.
- If you’re using fresh potatoes instead of canned, you may need to increase the cooking time by a few minutes.
- These air fryer potatoes taste best when served immediately after cooking! Enjoy!
What can I serve these with?
These air fryer potatoes are great as a side dish for chicken, fish, burgers or even steak! You can also serve them with an egg-based breakfast for an extra delicious meal. They would be great alongside some scrambled eggs and bacon! For a vegetarian option, try serving them with roasted vegetables or a high-protein bean salad.
Q: Can I use frozen potatoes in my air fryer?
A: Frozen potatoes will take much longer to cook, So adjust the time accordingly.
Q: How long do these tinned air fryer potatoes last?
Q: What other seasonings can I add to this recipe?
Q: Can I make these potatoes vegan?
A: They are already vegan. You can also use vegetable broth instead of oil for additional flavor.
Q: What other vegetables can I cook in the air fryer?
A: You can cook almost any vegetable in the air fryer! Some favorites include Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, sweet potatoes and zucchini. Get creative and experiment with different combinations of seasonings for a delicious meal every time.
Q: Can I double the recipe?
A: Yes, you can easily double this recipe for a larger crowd. Simply double all the ingredients and increase the cooking time to 12-15 minutes at 400 degrees F. Shake the basket halfway through cooking time to ensure even cooking.
Q: ˝Can I use different type of potatoes?
A: Definitely! You can use any type of potato for this recipe including russet, yukon gold or red potatoes. Just make sure they are cut into bite-size pieces and cooked through before serving.
Q: What other tinned vegetables can I use for this recipe?
So there you have it – a delicious and easy recipe for tinned air fryer potatoes! Whether you’re looking for a quick side dish or meal prepping for the week, these air fryer potatoes will definitely hit the spot. Enjoy!
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Drain the canned potatoes and rinse them well with water.
- Pat the potatoes dry with a paper towel.
- Cut the potatoes into bite-size pieces.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl and toss them with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket in an even layer.
- Cook for 8 minutes at 400 degrees F, shaking the basket halfway through cooking time.
- Remove from air fryer and serve warm!