This dish is a great side for any meal and one that the whole family will love.
It is also easy to make and requires minimal prep time. It takes just a few minutes to prepare and it’s ready in no time at all. It is a classic pair that adds a great flavor to any meal.
Carrots are an excellent source of dietary fiber, beta-carotene, vitamin K and potassium. Potatoes are a great source of energy, providing carbohydrates for fuel and aiding in digestion. So this is defo a win-win combo.
-2 white potatoes
-1 tablespoon olive oil
–Salt and pepper to taste
-Optional: your favorite herbs or spices for added flavor
1. Begin the recipe by peeling and washing the carrots and potatoes. If you prefer to leave them unpeeled, make sure to scrub them clean thoroughly first.
2. Cut the carrots into cubes and the potatoes into cubes or wedges.
3. Preheat your air fryer to 360°F (188°C).
4. Place the carrot and potato cubes into a mixing bowl and add olive oil, salt, pepper, and any other herbs or spices of your choice. Toss until all ingredients are evenly coated.
5. Place the carrot and potato mixture in the air fryer basket and set the timer for 13 minutes.
6. Shake the basket halfway through to ensure even cooking on all sides.
7. When done, remove from heat and enjoy!
-For extra flavor, you can sprinkle some garlic powder or Parmesan cheese over the carrots and potatoes before cooking.
-This dish is great served with a dipping sauce like ranch dressing or ketchup.
-If you’d like to add other vegetables to this dish, try adding green beans or broccoli florets. Just make sure to adjust the cook time accordingly depending on the size of the vegetable pieces.
-Olive oil can be substituted for butter or coconut oil.
-Feel free to use sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes.
Q: How long do you cook carrots and potatoes in an air fryer?
A: The cook time for carrots and potatoes depends on the size of the pieces. Preparing cubes or wedges usually takes around 13 minutes. To ensure even cooking, shake the basket halfway through.
Q: Can I make this dish with other vegetables?
A: Yes! This dish is great with other vegetables like green beans or broccoli florets. Just adjust the cook time accordingly depending on the size of your vegetable pieces.
Q: What can I use instead of olive oil?
A: Olive oil can be substituted with butter or coconut oil for a richer flavor.
Q: Can I roast these vegetables in the oven instead?
A: Absolutely! To roast the carrots and potatoes in the oven, preheat to 425°F (218°C) and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure to stir halfway through cooking time.
Q: What are some topping ideas for this dish?
A: Some great topping ideas include chopped nuts, seeds, grated Parmesan cheese, dried herbs, or your favorite dipping sauce. Feel free to get creative and experiment with different flavors!
Q: Can I freeze leftover air fryer carrots and potatoes?
A: Yes, you can freeze leftover air fryer carrots and potatoes. Allow them to cool completely before transferring to a freezer-safe container or bag. They will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and heat in the air fryer at 350°F (177°C) until warmed through.
Q: What’s the best way to store leftover cooked carrots and potatoes?
A: Leftover cooked carrots and potatoes can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Reheat them with a few drops of olive oil, butter, or coconut oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat. Alternatively, you can also reheat them directly in your air fryer at 350°F (177°C).
Q: What other spices can I add to this dish?
A: Feel free to get creative and experiment with different herbs and spices. Try adding paprika, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, or chili flakes for a bit of extra flavor.
Q: What’s the best way to cut carrots and potatoes for this dish?
Q: How do I know when the carrots and potatoes are done cooking?
A: Carrots and potatoes are done when they are fork-tender and lightly golden.
Q: What type of potato is best for this recipe?
A: Any type of potato will work in this recipe. Whether you use white potatoes, sweet potatoes, Yukon Golds, or red potatoes, they’ll all taste great!
Q: Can I use other vegetables in this dish?
A: Yes, you can definitely use other vegetables like green beans, broccoli florets, or cauliflower in this dish. Just adjust the cook time accordingly depending on the size of your vegetable pieces.
Q: Can I make this dish ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can prepare the vegetables and store them in an airtight container for up to 4 days before cooking. When ready to cook, just transfer them to your air fryer basket and cook as directed.
Q: What temperature should I set my air fryer to?
A: For this recipe, preheat your air fryer to 400°F (204°C) and cook for the recommended time.
Q: What’s the best way to serve air fryer carrots and potatoes?
A: Air fryer carrots and potatoes are delicious served as a side dish or as part of meal. Try serving them with grilled chicken or fish, roasted vegetables, salad, or your favorite pasta dish.
Q: Is there a way to make this dish even crispier?
A: Yes! To get an extra crispy texture, preheat your air fryer for 5 minutes and then cook the vegetables for 5-7 minutes longer.
Q: Can I double this recipe?
A: Absolutely! Just double all of the ingredients, keeping in mind that you may need to adjust the cooking time slightly if using a larger quantity of vegetables.
This is sure to become a family favorite side dish. The combination of texture and flavor makes it perfect for any meal. If you want to add a bit of extra crunch, top with some chopped nuts or seeds before serving. Enjoy!
Roasted carrots and potatoes (air fryer)
- 2-3 Carrots
- 2 White potatoes
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin the recipe by peeling and washing the carrots and potatoes. If you prefer to leave them unpeeled, make sure to scrub them clean thoroughly first.
- Cut the carrots into cubes and the potatoes into cubes or wedges.
- Preheat your air fryer to 360°F (188°C).
- Place the carrot and potato cubes into a mixing bowl and add olive oil, salt, pepper, and any other herbs or spices of your choice. Toss until all ingredients are evenly coated.
- Place the carrot and potato mixture in the air fryer basket and set the timer for 13 minutes.
- Shake the basket halfway through to ensure even cooking on all sides.
- When done, remove from heat and enjoy!