Did you know that there were that many Instant Brand Air Fryers??? I certainly didn’t! From single to double draws….to minis’ to grandes’..they all offer a convenient and healthier way to fry food. This blog post will discuss the different types of instant air fryers available, the cons of each type, and a brief description on how they work.
How to use this blog post
Please select from the table of contents which air fryer model you would like to know more about. Thanks!
- How to use this blog post
- Pro Crisp Multi Pressure Cooker and Air Fryer
- Duo Crisp with Ultimate Lid Air Fryer and Instant Pot
- Instant Vortex Plus VersaZone Air Fryer
- Vortex Plus Dual Drawer 8-in-1 Air Fryer with ClearCook
- Duo Crisp & Air Fryer
- Vortex Plus 6-in-1 Air Fryer with ClearCook
- Vortex Plus 6-in-1 Air Fryer
- Vortex 4-in-1 Air Fryer
- Vortex Mini 4-in-1 Air Fryer
- Instant Air Fryer
Pro Crisp Multi Pressure Cooker and Air Fryer
•The 11-in-1 pressure cooker, slow cooker, steamer, sauté pan, food warmer, sous vide, air fryer, roaster, mini oven and grill is a versatile cooking tool that makes it look easy.
• With just a switch of the lid you can go from pressure cooking to Air Fry in a flash. EvenCrisp™ air flow with the air fryer lid gives your dishes the crunch and tenderness of deep-frying using up to 95% less oil and grease.
• An independent study has revealed that cooking with an Instant Pot uses 4.4 times less energy required than in the oven – saving you more than 80% energy and cost.
• Perfect for batch cooking or hosting guests with its large 7.6L capacity preheating 20% faster overall cooking times up to 70% faster!
Cons: This powerful machine can do all the tasks you need, but it comes with a hefty weight – the assembled unit including the air fryer lid weighs significantly!
Duo Crisp with Ultimate Lid Air Fryer and Instant Pot
•The Instant Pot is a multi-cooker that has the functionality of an air fryer and grill, mini oven, roaster, pressure cooker, slow cooker, steamer, sauté pan, sous vide machine, dehydrator yogurt maker bread proofer and food warmer all in one.
• The Instant Pot saves more than 80% energy and cost as compared to cooking with an oven.
• The Instant Pot comes with step-by-step cooking instructions with ‘OK to open lid’ notification.
• The lid mechanism on the Instant Pot is easy to use lock/unlock switch for securing lid with 3 options for pressure release controlled using the display panel.
•The air fryer function on the Instant Pot gives your dishes the crunch and tenderness using up to 95% less oil and grease.
Con: Despite its convenience, this appliance’s short cable poses a problem – which may not allow it to be used in the majority of the kitchen.
•The new Versazone Drawer can cook an entire family meal in a single 8.5L basket or be split into 2 x 4.2L zones for different foods.
• It has 8 functions: bake, roast, grill, reheat, air fry or dehydrate plus smart SyncCook & SyncFinish.
• Compared to cooking in a traditional electric oven*, it uses up to 80% less energy and cost .
• Evencrisp Technology provides the crunch and tenderness of deep-frying with 95% less oil .
• Preheating is quick and efficient .
• The intuitive message bar shows each stage of cooking and turn food reminders . Cleanup is easy with the dishwasher-safe non-stick cooking basket , cooking tray and basket divider.
Con: This machine is pretty large, but it offers a convenient split-basket feature which gives you the flexibility to cook two different items at the same time.
Vortex Plus Dual Drawer 8-in-1 Air Fryer with ClearCook
•The Dual Air Fryer Baskets allow for double the cooking or two separate foods at once.
• Sync Cook and Sync Finish match settings or finish times between baskets automatically.
• An independent study has revealed that you can save energy and costs when cooking with an Air Fryer compared to an electric oven.*
• 6 ways to cook: Air fry, Roast, Grill, Bake, Reheat or Dehydrate. Separate controls for each basket allow for 2 functions at once.
• The ClearCook see-through window lets you check on progress without opening the basket. A light is placed inside for perfect visibility.
Con: Baking with this air fryer may not be the most efficient due to its smaller drawer size and required spacing around baking tins. If your goal is to bake regularly, you should look into the Instant Vortex Plus which offers a larger drawer space and can house standard size baking pans.
Duo Crisp & Air Fryer
•The Instant Pot Duo Crisp + Air Fryer is an 11-in-1 appliance that can pressure cook, slow cook, steam, sauté, roast and air fry.
• It is energy efficient and cost effective compared to cooking with an electric oven.
• The pot comes in two sizes: 5.7L for cooking up to 6 portions, and 8L for cooking up to 8 portions.
Cons: Despite this 11-in-1 being a more advanced version of the 7-in-1, it surprisingly doesn’t include a pre-programmed setting for making yogurt. The air fryer basket has a small width and large depth. This is not helpful as it will not work well if things are stacked upon one another, so you will need to do several cycles if you want to cook a large quantity.
Vortex Plus 6-in-1 Air Fryer with ClearCook
•The Vortex Plus ClearCook is a new, energy efficient and cost effective way to cook.
• You can save energy and costs when cooking with an Air Fryer compared to an electric oven.*
• The see-through window and perfectly placed light allow you to check on the progress of your food without opening the basket.
• The Smart dial control and digital pre-set buttons can be easily adjusted so you can cook from fresh or frozen.
• EvenCrisp™ technology ensures the crunch and tenderness of deep-frying without all the oil and calories.
• The 5.7L basket has space for up to 6 portions – perfect for growing families, side dishes, or meal prep
Con: Reaching down into the bowl presents a risk of burning yourself, and flat foods like nachos or pizza would be difficult to make. Getting cooked food out of this drawer is also difficult. It would have been more helpful if handles were included to pull the tray out instead of just the single small handle in the middle.
Vortex Plus 6-in-1 Air Fryer
•Saves up to 80% energy and cost
• Crisps food with 95% less oil
• 6 functions in one appliance: air fry, bake, roast, reheat, grill, dehydrate
• Smart dial control for temperature and cooking time; presets can be saved
• 5.7L capacity fits a 1.8kg chicken or 1kg of fries
• Brushed stainless-steel finish is fingerprint resistant; minimal grease means minimal mess
Con: While the air fryer is a great product and its bake settings are incredibly useful, its noise level is quite loud.
•Perfect for quick meals on the go, the Vortex Air Fryer is ideal for any household.
• Available in 2 sizes: 3.8L and 5.7L.
• Take full control with easily adjustable time and temperature dials, and simple one touch smart programs.
• Get crispy, tender results every time with less oil and no mess using the Vortex Air Fryer!
Vortex Mini 4-in-1 Air Fryer
•The Vortex Mini Air Fryer is a compact appliance that can cook your favorite fried foods with little to no preheating time.
• It has four ways to cook: air fry, bake, roast, and reheat.
• The Vortex Mini is fully customizable with a smart dial control and digital pre-set buttons to easily adjust time and temperature.
• It produces crisp and tender results every time with less calories and 95% less oil than deep frying thanks to EvenCrisp™ technology.
• The Vortex Mini is available in multiple colors to coordinate with any kitchen décor.
Con: While the air fryer basket is easy to clean and functions well, it requires you to use tongs every time you remove food as the bottom of the basket is not secure.
Instant Air Fryer
•The Philips Airfryer is simple to use, with easy-to-use dial controls.
• It can be used to cook a variety of food items, and has a 60 minute timer and temperature control up to 200°C.
• The Philips Airfryer uses EvenCrisp™ technology to give you the crunch and tenderness of deep-frying with 95% less oil for healthier dishes.
• It is compact but mighty, able to fit up to 4 portions of chips, 18.5cm baking tin or a 1.1kg whole chicken. Additionally, it saves energy by using 80% less energy compared cooking in an electric oven . Fast preheating allows you start cooking in seconds .
• Finally , the air frying basket and cooking tray are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning .
Con: Lack of available parts as it is presently only available via Argos and the Instant Brand website.
So there you have it, a summary of the current instant brand air fryers on the market. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or hosting a party full of guests, I am sure there is one here for everyone!