What’s for dinner tonight? How about my one pot, coconut chickpea curry? Containing 5 nutrient rich vegetables in it, this hearty vegetarian meal can be ready in 30 minutes.
The great thing about this recipe is that it uses ingredients that you may already have in your cupboard. This time of year canned stables are welcomed by every winter cook
If you are trying to add more vegan, vegetarian recipes to your diet (or simply want to eat more vegetables); chickpea curry is a good place to start.
It’s a great meatless, midweek meal for the winter that can be prepared without having to spend copious time in the kitchen.
This recipe is fairly flexible too, the vegetable combinations that you can use in this curry are vast; with veggies like aubergines, carrots, peppers, mushrooms, green beans to name a few. Any vegetable you end up using will be delicious as it will be coated in a rich, creamy, savoury sauce.
This curry freezes and “fridges” well. I always find the taste enhances with time so leftovers are a must!
- 400 ml Light coconut milk
- 800 g Chickpeas (2 cans)
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Curry powder
- 1 Tub Knorr stock (vegetable)
- 1 bulb Garlic (yes this is a lot but the flavour is great!)
- 1 Onion
- 1 Handful Spinach
- 1 Medium Sweet potato
- 1 Bell pepper
- 2 Carrots
- 200 ML Water (fill up 1/2 the coconut milk can with water).
- Chop vegetables; garlic, onion, sweet potato, carrot, bell pepper
- Put coconut oil in pan, followed by all the chopped vegetables. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add curry powder and stock cube
- When curry powder is fragrant (~3 mins), add chickpeas, coconut milk and water
- Cook on medium for 15 – 20 minutes
- Add handful of spinach
- It is ready when oil from the coconut milk raises to the top
If you cook this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment or rate the recipe and don’t forget to tag #theflexiblefridge on instagram, thanks friends!