Stuffed peppers are a classic dish that never fails to satisfy an appetite. With the help of an air fryer, this delicious dinner can be made even easier.
This simple yet flavorful recipe for air fryer stuffed peppers will become a staple in your dinner rotation.
If you are looking for a good way add veggies to your dinner, this is the perfect dish!
These bell peppers are filled with a hearty mixture of ground beef. The result is a comforting and delicious meal that you can feel good about serving up. Let’s get started.
- 2 cups lean beef mince
- 4 peppers (any color you like)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 2 tablespoons butter for frying the mince
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preheat the air fryer to 400F
Cut the tops of the peppers off and scoop out the seeds and white parts .
Keep the top of the peppers and chop up to set aside.
Place the peppers in the air fryer for 3-4 minutes
Get a saceupan on medium heat, add some butter and the mince.
Stir until all the ingredients are blended together add in the tomato passata and stir for a further 2 minutes.
Fill the peppers with the mince mixture and place in the air fryer topped with mozzarella cheese.
Cook for 3-4 minutes on 400F or until the cheese is golden brown.
Serve with a green salad on the side and enjoy!
- If you don’t have any lean beef mince, you can also use ground chicken or turkey.
- You could also add in some cooked rice or quinoa to the mixture for extra texture and nutrition.
- Vegetables such as spinach, mushrooms and diced tomatoes would be great additions to this dish too.
It is important to ensure that the peppers are cooked through before serving. To check if they are done, pierce with a knife and make sure there is no resistance.
If you find that the peppers need more cooking time, simply put them back in the air fryer for an additional couple minutes.
Additionally, be careful not to overcook the mince when frying it on the stovetop as this can make it tough.
For extra flavor, add some freshly chopped herbs or spices of your choice to the mince mixture.
Leftover stuffed bell pepper dishes can typically be stored in an airtight container either in the fridge or freezer for up to 3 days without them going bad – however if making this dish ahead of time it’s always best practice to double check labels/containers before eating any leftovers again just to ensure safety measures were followed correctly upfront!
Absolutely! Any type, size and color of pepper will work for this recipe. Red bell peppers tend to be sweeter in flavor than green bell peppers and have a more tender texture, but you can use whichever you have on hand. Feel free to experiment with different types of peppers and find what works best for you and your tastebuds.
Stuffed bell peppers are incredibly versatile and there are many different ways to make them. You can switch out the beef mince for turkey or chicken mince, substitute the tomato for roasted red pepper sauce.
Yes, you can. Pre-cooked meats like shredded chicken or turkey are a great way to save time in the kitchen and still make a delicious stuffed pepper dish. Just be sure to warm up the pre-cooked meat before adding it to the mixture so that all ingredients are cooked through evenly.
There are many ways to make your stuffed pepper dish even healthier. Try adding some extra vegetables like spinach, mushrooms or diced tomatoes to the stuffing mixture for added nutrients and flavor. You could also try using a leaner type of meat such as turkey mince instead of beef mince and use less cheese in the mix. Additionally, you could add brown or wild rice which is high in fiber.
The possibilities are endless! Other stuffing options that you could use include grains such as quinoa, couscous, or barley. You could also try using beans, lentils or tofu for a vegetarian option. There are so many different flavors and textures you can explore – have fun experimenting!
You can get creative with the vegetables that you use to stuff the bell peppers. Consider adding in some diced carrots, celery, onion, garlic, mushrooms or zucchini for extra flavor and nutrition. If you want to make it even more flavorful, add in some fresh herbs like basil or cilantro for an added kick of brightness.
Absolutely! Consider using crunchy toppings like chopped nuts, breadcrumbs or crushed tortilla chips for texture. You could also sprinkle some grated cheese or nutritional yeast over the peppers for a cheesy flavor. If you want more of a zesty kick, try adding some fresh herbs, lemon juice or hot sauce.
Here are a few tips for making perfect stuffed peppers:
– Use a combination of vegetables, herbs and spices for maximum flavor in the stuffing mix.
– Make sure to fully cook all ingredients before stuffing the pepper.
So there you have it – Stuffed peppers are an easy and nutritious dish that you can make with almost any ingredients.
Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F.
- Cut the tops of the peppers off and scoop out the seeds and white parts.
- Keep the top of the peppers and chop up to set aside.
- Place the peppers in the air fryer for 3-4 minutes.
- Get a saceupan on medium heat, add some butter and the mince.
- Fry the mince in butter for about 5 minutes until it is lightly browned add the chopped pepper, salt and pepper to taste, garlic powder, onion powder.
- Stir until all the ingredients are blended together add in the tomato passata and stir for a further 2 minutes.
- Fill the peppers with the mince mixture and place in the air fryer topped with mozzarella cheese.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on 400F or until the peppers are cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve with a green salad on the side and enjoy!