Today, we’re air-frying up some chicken sausage and veggies! This is a quick meal that’s perfect for a busy weeknight, either lunch or dinner. Also for me to get a 2 in 1 meal in the air fryer is a bonus! The air fryer only goes on once, and you get a variety of food cooked evenly!
This dish is also a great way to sneak some veggies into your diet! You can use any type of sausage you like, and any mix of veggies that you prefer so it is easily customizable.
Why cook this air fryer sausage and veggies dish?
Air fried chicken sausage is a great option for a quick and easy meal, lunch or dinner alike. It’s lean, so it’s a healthier option than other types of sausage. And, since it’s air fried, it only takes a few minutes to cook.
What type of sausage shall I use?
You can use any type of sausage you like for this sausage and veggies meal. We prefer pork or chicken sausage, but feel free to use your favorite type of sausage. The trick in getting the perfect sausage is selecting one with a good amount of fat. This will help the sausage flaovor as well as keep it moist while cooking.
- Chicken sausages: I used chicken sausage because it’s lean and healthier
- Red onion: Red onion is my favorite, but you can use any type of onion
- Red/ orange/ green bell pepper: I like the sweetness of red pepper, but feel free to
- Courgette: Courgette is also known as zucchini and is a very neutral vegetable.
- Sweetcorn: Sweetcorn is a great source of fiber
- Avocado oil: Avocado oil has a high smoke point, so it’s perfect for air frying
- Salt: This is needed to obviously bring out the flavor in the vegetables
- Italian seasoning: I love the flavor of Italian seasoning, but you can use any type of seasoning you like.
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
2. Cut the sausages into bite-sized pieces.
3. Slice the onions, peppers, and courgettes into smaller pieces.
5. Add all the contents of a bowl to an air fryer basket.
5. Cook for 12 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the sausage is cooked through.
6. Serve with a side of rice or pasta.
– If you don’t have Italian seasoning, you can use a combination of dried basil, oregano, and thyme.
– Feel free to add other vegetables to the basket. Some good options include mushrooms, zucchini, garlic, and cherry tomatoes.
-Use smoked sausage for a different flavor. Smoked sausage can be a little more expensive, so check your local butcher or grocery store for the best deal.
-For a vegetarian option, try using vegan sausage or beyond sausage.
Make-Ahead and Storage
This air fryer sausage and veggies meal can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just cook the sausage and vegetables according to the recipe instructions, then store them in an airtight container in the fridge. When you’re ready to eat, reheat the sausage and veggies in the air fryer or in a pan on the stove. I find that anything air fried reheats well when you place it back in the air fryer rather than the microwave.
Can I make this air fryer sausage and veggies dish in the oven?
Yes, you can make this recipe in the oven using a sheet pan. Just preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and cook the sausage and vegetables on a baking sheet for 20 minutes or until they’re cooked through.
Can I cook frozen sausage in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen sausage in an air fryer. Just add a few minutes to the cook time?
Is chicken sausage healthier than other types of sausage?
Chicken sausage is a leaner option than other types of sausage, so it is a healthier option.
What temperature do I cook sausage in Airfryer?
For this recipe, cook the sausage at 400°F (200°C).
How long do I cook sausage and vegetables in the air fryer?
Cooking time will vary depending on the size and type of sausage you use. We recommend cooking for 12-16 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
Can I make sausage and veggies with ground sausage?
Yes, you can! Just add the ground sausage in basket pan on the stove before adding it to the air fryer basket with the vegetables.
Do I need to add oil to the air fryer basket?
No, you don’t need to add oil to the air fryer basket. The sausage will release enough fat as it cooks and also he has oil in already. However, if you’re using lean sausage or skinless chicken sausage, you may want to add a tablespoon or two of oil to the basket.
Do I need to preheat the air fryer?
Yes, we recommend preheating the air fryer to 400°F (200°C) before adding the sausage and veggies. This will help ensure that they cook evenly.
What can I serve these sausage and veggies with?
Serve this air fryer sausage and veggies dish with a side of rice or pasta. You can also serve it with a side salad or roasted potatoes.
Can I use beyond sausage in the air fryer?
Yes, you can! Just cook the beyond sausage according to the package directions before adding it to the air fryer basket with the vegetables.
If you make this recipe and like this recipe, please give it a recipe rating.
Air Fryer Sausage and Vegetables
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the sausages into bite-sized pieces.
- Slice the onions, peppers, and courgettes into smaller pieces.
- Add the sausage, vegetables, sweetcorn, avocado oil, salt, and Italian seasoning to a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Add all the contents of a bowl to an air fryer basket.
- Cook for 12 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the sausage is cooked through.
- Serve with a side of rice or pasta.