For those who are looking for a tasty way to make fried chicken wings, red velvet air fryer wings might be just the thing. With this creative twist on the traditional deep-fried wing, your taste buds will be singing!
The rich flavor of red velvet cake crumbs elevates these wings to a whole new level, making them an impressive dish that’s sure to delight you.
- Chicken Wings
- All purpose flour
- Red velvet cake crumbs
- Spray oil – as needed
Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (176°C) and lightly spray the basket with oil.
Rinse the chicken wings in cold water, pat dry, and season with salt.
Place the flour in a shallow dish or bowl and coat each wing with a thin layer of flour
Then place into the egg wash and coat the wings with the prepared red velvet cake crumbs.
Once each wing is completely coated, carefully place them into the air fryer basket in a single layer without overlapping.
Spray lightly with oil and close the lid. Air fry for 15 -17 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
Substitutions & Tips
- If you’re looking for an even healthier alternative to air fryer red velvet wings, try using almond flour instead of regular flour.
- You can also substitute the spray oil with a tablespoon of olive oil or melted butter.
- For added flavor, consider adding herbs and spices such as garlic powder and onion powder to your crumb mix.
- If you want to cut down on prep time get a ready made red velvet cake.
- Lastly, be sure to keep an eye on your wings while they are cooking in the air fryer as cooking times may vary depending upon the size and type of chicken wings used.
Well I would say they are healthier than deep frying. It is a healthier alternative method compared with their counterpart!
Coat each chicken wing thoroughly on both sides with the coating mix (flour, eggs, crumbs) until no dry ingredients remain. Place the wings in the preheated air fryer and cook for 15 minutes, turning regularly, until golden brown and crispy.
Answer: The temperature setting of an air fryer should be set to 350°F when making air fryer red velvet cake crumb chicken wings for best results.
An air fryer is not necessary but it can help to get the best possible results when making air fryer red velvet cake crumb chicken wings.
Preheating an air fryer before using it helps ensure that the food will cook evenly and quickly so it is recommended.
Don’t shake! Or the crumb will come off! Just turn once.
Any! Store bought is so much easier in my view.
Some tips on getting extra crispiness with an air fryer cooked chicken wings are making sure they are spread out and are not touching touching whilst they are cooking.
Safety precautions such as wearing oven mitts when handling hot parts of the air fryer.
No – this may lead to uneven cooking.
Your air fryer red velvet cake crumb chicken wings will be known as cooked when they are golden brown and crisp to touch before consuming – they must reach an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 degrees Celsius).
Yes, you can add cheese to your air fryer red velvet cake crumb chicken wings for added flavor if desired! The best types of cheese to use are cheddars and Parmesan cheeses as they provide a tasty combination with the sweet taste of the red velvet cake crumbs and savory flavors.
No special techniques are required beyond those mentioned here – just ensure that all ingredients are combined thoroughly before adding them onto the chicken and then follow regular instructions for preheating and cooking in the air fryer until golden brown and crispy!
Yes, there are many other recipes that can be completed with an air fryer – such as French fries, roasted vegetables, burgers, fish fillets and even desserts like donuts and cakes! The possibilities are endless. Be sure to check out online cooking forums and blogs for more ideas on what you can create in your air fryer.
So there you have it Air Fryer red velvet cake crumb chicken wings if you like sweet and savoury this is the recipe for you!
Air Fryer Red Velvet Crumbed Chicken Wings
- 6 Chicken Wings
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ cup All purpose flour
- 2 cups Red velvet cake crumbs
- Spray oil – as needed as needed
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (176°C) and lightly spray the basket with oil.
- Rinse the chicken wings in cold water, pat dry, and season with salt.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish or bowl and coat each wing with a thin layer of flour
- Then place into the egg wash and coat the wings with the prepared red velvet cake crumbs.
- Once each wing is completely coated, carefully place them into the air fryer basket in a single layer without overlapping.
- Spray lightly with oil and close the lid. Air fry for 17 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.