Are you ready for the ultimate movie night feast? Forget about greasy, unhealthy snacks and opt for air fryer popcorn instead! Salty and oh-so-delicious, this air fryer popcorn recipe takes just minutes to whip up, meaning more time for the movie marathon of your dreams.
I’m not a huge movie person haha. My husband will definitely laugh when I say this, that when we go to the movies together, my favourite part is 100% the popcorn. There’s something about the combination of salty and crunchy that just gets me every time. And obviously, air fryer popcorn is a million times healthier than regular movie theatre popcorn, so it’s a no brainer to make this classic snack at home in my air fryer!
It’s super easy to make – all you need is some popcorn kernels and sea salt.
½ cup popcorn kernels
½ Tsp Salt
Preheat your air fryer – This is a must or the kernels won’t pop if it is not hot enough.
Place popcorn kernels in a small bowl or container and pour into the preheated air fryer basket.
Cook at 400°F until popping has almost stopped – this should take around 5-7 minutes depending on your machine!
Remove from heat and sprinkle with salt to taste before enjoying
- You can also add in other spices such as garlic powder, cayenne pepper or paprika for extra flavor if desired
- Add some sugar if you like it sweet too – just sprinkle it over top after cooking
- If you’ve got a bigger air fryer, you can double the recipe and pop more popcorn!
- Flavour combinations are limitless– experiment with different herbs and spices to suit your taste buds!
- You can substitute the sea salt for pink Himalayan or regular table salt if desired.
- Cheesy Popcorn – Add 1-2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese before cooking for an extra cheesy kick.
- Caramel Popcorn – Drizzle caramel sauce over top of the cooked popcorn for added sweetness and crunch.
- BBQ Popcorn – Sprinkle your favorite BBQ seasoning overtop of the cooked popcorn for an easy and delicious snack.
Generally speaking, it should only take around 5-7 minutes depending on your machine/air fryer model!
Absolutely – simply double or triple the amount of kernels being used then adjust cooking time accordingly – Be sure to check frequently so they don’t burn though 😉
Definitely – as it is cooked in the air fryer and requires no oil, there are much fewer calories compared to regular movie theatre-style popcorn. Plus, you can customize the seasoning too!
The possibilities are endless! Mix and match different herbs, spices, cheeses or even caramel sauce to create your own unique flavours.
Make sure your air fryer is properly preheated before adding the popcorn – if it’s not hot enough, the kernels won’t pop! Also, be sure to watch them closely as they cook and stir them occasionally to prevent burning.
Yes, you can cook popcorn on the stovetop – simply add the kernels to a deep saucepan with some oil, cover and heat over medium-high heat until popping slows down. Be sure to stir occasionally to prevent burning.
Yes, you can use any type of un-popped popcorn kernels – whether it’s regular yellow corn kernels or a different variety such as white or red.
Unfortunately, you can’t make corn on the cob or Orville Redenbacher popcorn in an air fryer. The best way to make these types of popcorn is traditionally on a stovetop or with a microwave popper (for Orville Redenbacher). However, you can always get creative and try using your air fryer to make a flavorful popcorn by adding different herbs and spices or even caramel sauce!
So there you have it, Air Fryer Popcorn – the perfect movie night snack that’s both deliciously flavorful and super easy to make! Just a few ingredients like popcorn kernels, melted butter (optional), and some salt is all that’s needed to enjoy this classic homemade treat. So next time you have friends over for game night or are settling in with family for a cozy movie marathon weekend at home, be sure to add this incredibly yummy recipe into rotation for guaranteed success…Happy popping!
Air Fryer Popcorn
- ½ cup Popcorn kernels
- ½ tsp Salt
- Preheat your air fryer – This is a must or the kernels won't pop if it is not hot enough.
- Place popcorn kernels in a small bowl or container and pour into the preheated air fryer basket.
- Cook at 400°F until popping has almost stopped – this should take around 5-7 minutes depending on your machine!
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with salt to taste before enjoying
Leave a Reply