When it comes to classic comfort food recipes, nothing says home quite like a good old-fashioned air fryer meatloaf. It’s easy to make, packed with flavor, and comfort food perfection that the whole family will love. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time, you can enjoy a savory and delicious meatloaf that’ll have everyone coming back for seconds!
- 500g steak ground beef
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat the air fryer to 360°F.
3. Place it in a bking tray lined with parchment paper, and shape into a loaf.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce until combined. Cook for 12 minutes at 360°F then remove from the air fryer and brush with glaze.
5. Increase temperature to 400°F and cook for an additional 3 minutes or until desired doneness is achieved.
- You can freeze the uncooked meatloaf for future meals. Just wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- If desired, you can add different vegetables or herbs to the meatloaf mixture. Experiment with different ingredients to customize your meal!
- Leftover cooked meatloaf can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
What type of pan should I use for air fryer meatloaf?
A nonstick cake pan or cupcake tin will work best, as it’s designed to provide a consistent cooking experience with even heat distribution.
Do I need to grease the baking pan before baking?
For best results, yes. Greasing the cake pan or cupcake tin will help ensure the meatloaf doesn’t stick and allows for an evenly cooked meal.
How long do I need to cook my meatloaf in the air fryer?
On average, it’ll take about 25 minutes for your loaf to be ready. To ensure your meatloaf is cooked properly, you can check its internal temperature with a thermometer – aim for an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit before taking out of the air fryer.
Should I cover my meatloaf while it cooks in the air fryer?
There isn’t a need to cover your meatloaf while it cooks in the air fryer – instead, simply leave the lid off during cooking as this will allow steam to escape, resulting in better texture & fluffier results overall!
Can I make multiple servings at once in an air fryer?
Yes – many models of today’s modern countertop models have large enough capacity for you to fit two miniature loaves side by side in one basket if desired. Just make sure each mini loaf is placed at least 2 inches apart from each other when doing so.
Is there any way to speed up cooking time without sacrificing flavor & quality?
One great way is to preheat your air fryer before adding your ingredients – this will help reduce cook time by around 5 minutes per batch!
Are there any tips or tricks that could help me get perfectly cooked results every time?
To ensure perfectly cooked & juicy results every time, let your finished dish cool down slightly before serving – about 10 minutes should be sufficient enough time for flavors & textures to settle & finish forming!
Is there any way I can add extra flavor/texture into my dish?
Of course – feel free to mix in additional ingredients such as diced onions or bell peppers, various herbs & spices or different condiments like BBQ sauce for added flavor and texture!
Air fryer meatloaf is a classic comfort food that everyone in the family can enjoy. It’s easy to make, takes minimal prep time, and can be customized with additional ingredients and seasonings according to taste. With its delicious flavor and moist texture, it’s a meal you’ll want to come back to again and again!
Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, ketchup (¼ cup), eggs, Worcestershire sauce (2 tsp), garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine all ingredients.
- Place it in a bking tray lined with parchment paper, and shape into a loaf.
- Cook for 12 minutes at 360°F then remove from the air fryer and brush with glaze.
- Increase temperature to 400°F and cook for an additional 3 minutes or until desired doneness is achieved
- In a small bowl, mix together the ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce until combined.
- Brush over meatloaf before increasing temperature to 400°F for final cooking step.
- Your air fryer meatloaf is now ready to serve and enjoy!