Ready to make a delicious and easy meal in no time? This air fryer garlic butter shrimp is the perfect solution! Ready in just 10 minutes, this dish packs flavourful punch with garlic butter and spices.
I feel that garlic butter is truly the best way to make seafood, especially shrimp. The garlic butter sauce here is made with a combination of melted butter and minced garlic, as well as some salt and pepper…yum!
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado oil
- Fresh parsley
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400F (200C).
2. In a bowl, season the shrimp with salt and pepper and then add the avocado oil to coat the shrimp completely.
3. Place the shrimp in an even layer in the air fryer basket and cook for 7 minutes until they are golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Once the shrimp is done cooking, transfer them to a plate or bowl and pour garlic butter sauce over them while they’re still hot – this will help better absorb all that delicious flavour! Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving if desired.
- The key to succulent shrimp is to cook them in batches or in an even layer. This will help ensure that they don’t get too crowded and have room to evenly cook.
- Make sure you start with raw, deveined shrimp for best results!
- If desired, you can also add some crushed red pepper flakes for a bit of heat.
- Use any type of shrimp you like, such as jumbo or large. – You can also use olive oil instead of avocado oil if desired.
- For an extra garlicky flavour, add more garlic or even some garlic powder.
- To make a creamy sauce, add a splash of cream or heavy cream to the melted butter mixture.
You can substitute with vegan or dairy-free butter, olive oil or coconut oil.
Depending on size and quantity, it usually takes about 7 minutes to get nice and crispy. It’s best to check after 6 minutes for doneness as shrimp can easily overcook.
Preheat your air fryer to 400F (200C). This will ensure that the shrimp are cooked through without being over done.
Absolutely! You can also bake the shrimp in a preheated oven set to 400F (200C) on a parchment lined baking tray for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.
Yes, you can store the cooked and cooled shrimp in an airtight container or ziplock bag for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, simply thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat until warmed through. Enjoy!
Use large, raw, peeled and deveined prawns or shrimp for this recipe.
Yes, you can use frozen shrimp for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them before cooking and pat them dry with a paper towel so that they don’t get soggy!
The shrimp is done cooking when it turns pink and opaque throughout and is slightly firm to the touch.
Yes, you can substitute the oil with olive oil or ghee if you prefer less of an oily flavor
No, just salt and pepper are all you need to infuse these delicious flavors into your cooked shrimp!
Yes, flipping your shrimp halfway through cooking time ensures that both sides get evenly cooked in the air fryer.
Yes, leftovers of this dish can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Karides (shrimp) goes great with a variety of side dishes like rice pilaf, mashed potatoes or roasted vegetables!
You can top your finished dish with freshly chopped parsley or a squeeze of lemon juice for extra flavor!
So there you have it – everything you need to know about preparing karides (shrimp) in an air fryer! This simple and easy recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner, or as an appetizer served with crusty bread. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 1 lb Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Butter
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Avocado oil
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat your air fryer to 400F (200C).
- In a bowl, season the shrimp with salt and pepper and then add the avocado oil to coat the shrimp completely.
- Place the shrimp in an even layer in the air fryer basket and cook for 7 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once the shrimp is done cooking, transfer them to a plate or bowl and pour garlic butter sauce over them while they’re still hot – this will help better absorb all that delicious flavour! Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving if desired.
Leave a Reply