If you’re like me, then you love fried chicken but you don’t always love the long process of making it . Well, I have some good news for you! This 2 ingredient air fryer fried chicken is not only delicious, but it’s super easy to make. And, it only takes a few minutes to prepare.
- Chicken thighs
- Fried chicken seasoned flour
- Spray oil
1. Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees F.
2. Place the chicken in a bowl, pierce it with a sharp knife (so the seasoning can penetrate) and add the fried chicken seasoned flour. Mix until the chicken is evenly coated. Spray with spray oil.
3. Place the chicken into the air fryer basket (skin side first) and air fry for 25 minutes, turning at 15 minutes, or until cooked through .
4. Serve with your favourite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Tips for the Best Air Fried Chicken
Some tips I have are to make sure your drumsticks are patted dry before adding them to the dry rub marinade. This will help the dry rub stick better if they aren’t wet which in turn helps with getting them crispy.
Air Fryer Fried Chicken FAQs
Where do I get seasoned fried chicken flour from?
You can get it from the ethnic isle in bigger supermarkets (Caribbean or the Asian) or on trusty Amazon! See below:
What kind of oil should I use?
You can use whatever type of oil spray you like.
How can I make my own fried chicken mix?
Here’s a great recipe for a homemade fried chicken mix. All you need is some flour, salt, pepper, and paprika.
Can I use boneless chicken breasts?
Yes! You can absolutely use boneless chicken breasts for this recipe. Just keep in mind that they will cook a bit quicker than chicken thighs.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Yes! The great thing about making this in the Air Fryer is it doesn’t take long at all (about 25 minutes) compared to frying it on the stove top or oven. That said, feel free to prepare everything in the bowl beforehand and then just pop it into your air fryer right before serving.
How do I store leftovers?
If you’re like me and end up with way more fried chicken than necessary for a meal, you’ll definitely want to store the leftovers in an air tight container. I would recommend a Pyrex or a tupperware with a seal to make it air tight.
Can this be used to cook frozen chicken?
Yes! For this recipe, when cooking from frozen I would add on about 5-10 minutes of cook time depending on how big your pieces are and what type of air fryer that you have.
Can I bake this in the oven?
Yes! If baking these in the oven, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on all sides.
2 Ingredient Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- 5 Chicken thighs
- ½ cup Seasoned fried chicken flour (dry)
- Spray oil
- Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees F.
- Place the chicken in a bowl, pierce it with a sharp knife (so the seasoning can penetrate) and add the fried chicken flour. Mix until the chicken is evenly coated.
- Spray with spray oil.
- Place the chicken into the air fryer basket (skin side first) and air fry for 25 minutes, turning at 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce and enjoy!
So there you have it! Two ingredient air fryer fried chicken recipe! It’s simple, fast, and your family is going to love it. So what are you waiting for? Get air frying!
You mention the oil, but I don’t see it in the instructions. Am I right that you spray it after seasoning and before putting it in the air fryer?
Yes! Sorry, all added.
Fried chicken flour? where can I buy it in Victoria please?
Do you have any superstores near you? It may be in the ethnic aisle. Or, Amazon has it https://amzn.to/35yBz8G
What is chicken season ed flour
Something similar to this: https://amzn.to/35yBz8G Or, if you have a big supermarket near you..it may be in the ethnic isle