Air fryer chicken fries are a quick and easy way to get your fried chicken and fries fix in one! These crispy chicken strips are coated in a seasoned breading and cooked to perfection in the air fryer. You can serve them with your favorite dipping sauce for a delicious snack or meal.
- Chicken breast, cut into strips
- All-purpose flour
- Black pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Golden breadcrumbs
- Spray oil
1. Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F.
2. Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl.
4. Place the chicken strips in the flour mixture, making sure each piece is evenly coated.
5. Dip the chicken strips in the beaten eggs, then coat them in the breadcrumb mixture.
6. Spray a light layer of oil on the air fryer basket.
7. Place the chicken strips in the basket in a single layer.
8. Cook for 10 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
9. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
If you’re looking for a gluten-free option, you can substitute the flour for almond flour or another gluten-free flour.
Recipe tips and tricks
To keep the chicken strips from sticking to the air fryer basket, be sure to spray it with cooking spray before adding the chicken. You can also line the basket with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
If you want extra crispy chicken fries, you can double-dip them in the flour mixture. Just be sure to shake off any excess before placing them in the air fryer.
The cook time will vary depending on the size and thickness of your chicken strips.
Be sure to check them often so they don’t overcook.
Can I use a different kind of flour?
Yes, you can use all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour in this recipe.
Can I make these without using an air fryer?
Yes, you can! Just cook the chicken strips in a large skillet over medium-high heat, adding oil. Cook until golden brown and crispy, then remove from heat and enjoy.
What is the best way to store leftovers?
Leftover chicken fries can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the air fryer or in the oven before serving.
Can these be made paleo?
Yes, you can make these chicken fries paleo-friendly by substituting the flour for almond flour or another gluten-free flour.
Can I freeze these chicken fries?
Yes, you can! Just place them in a freezer-safe container and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to eat them, let them thaw in the fridge overnight then cook according to the recipe instructions.
How do I reheat frozen chicken fries?
To reheat frozen chicken fries, cook them in the air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes, or until heated through. You can also reheat them in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes.
What dipping sauce should I use?
There are lots of great dipping sauces that go well with chicken fries. Try ranch dressing, ketchup, BBQ sauce, or honey mustard. You can also just eat them plain – they’re delicious!
So there you have it – everything you need to know about making air fryer chicken fries. Now it’s time to get cooking!
Air Fryer Chicken Fries
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F.
- Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt, black pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
- Place the chicken strips in the flour mixture, making sure each piece is evenly coated.
- Dip the chicken strips in the beaten eggs, then coat them in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Spray a light layer of oil on the air fryer basket.
- Place the chicken strips in the basket in a single layer.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!