Anything breaded and fried has a special flavor that’s hard to beat, but using an air fryer to make breaded pork chops can be just as good — without the added fat of deep frying.
I also find that breaded protein score a hit with the kids and is often the preferred way to eat pork chops. Making air fryer breaded pork chops not only contains the mess of deep-frying but uses less oil as well.
These breaded pork chops are a little different as they use mayonnaise as the glue for the the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. This gives the breading a golden-brown color and provides moisture to keep the pork chops moist on the inside as they cook in the air fryer.
• 4 boneless pork chops, about ½ inch thick
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• ½ teaspoon black pepper
• ½ teaspoon onion powder
• 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
• ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
3. In a shallow dish, mix together Panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
4. Spread mayonnaise on one side of the pork chops then coat them in the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure to press firmly so that the breading adheres well to the meat.
5. Place 2-3 pork chops into the air fryer basket and cook for 7 minutes at 350°F (177°C). Flip and continue cooking for another 5 minutes or until an internal temperature of 145°F is reached when tested with an instant-read thermometer.
6. Repeat with remaining pork chops, or you can cook them all together in the air fryer depending on your model.
7. Plate and serve with your favorite side dishes. Enjoy!
These air fryer breaded pork chops make a great meal for the whole family without having to deep-fry in hot oil. With the right seasoning and mayonnaise coating, these pork chops come out golden-brown, crisp on the outside and juicy and tender on the inside — just like they were fried!
Recipe Tips and Variations:
- If you don’t have Panko breadcrumbs, you can use regular or Italian-style breadcrumbs instead.
- For a spicier version, add some cayenne pepper to the pork chops before coating them with the breadcrumb mixture.
- If you want to get extra creative, try adding chopped herbs and spices like oregano or parsley to the breadcrumb mixture for more flavor.
- Instead of mayonnaise, you can also use beaten egg for a crispy crust.
- Serve these air fryer pork chops with mashed potatoes or roasted veggies for a complete meal.
Yes, bone-in pork chops can be used. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Some great side dishes to pair with this recipe include roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a simple salad.
Use thick-cut boneless pork chops for this recipe
Cook the pork chops in the air fryer for about 12 minutes at 380°F (or 195°C).
Yes, you can use frozen pork chops for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them before cooking and pat them dry with a paper towel so that they don’t get soggy!
The pork chops are done cooking when the internal temperature reaches 145°F (or 63°C) and the breading has turned golden brown on both sides.
Yes, you can substitute mayonnaise with beaten egg if you prefer less of a creamy coating on your pork chops.
Yes, flipping your pork chop halfway through cooking time ensures that both sides get evenly cooked in the air fryer.
Yes, leftovers of this dish can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Breaded pork chops go great with a variety of side dishes like rice pilaf, mashed potatoes or roasted vegetables!
You can top your finished dish with freshly chopped parsley or a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese for extra flavor.
I actually have a recipe click here!
Air fryer breaded pork chops are a quick and easy dinner recipe that the whole family will love. With just a few simple ingredients and 12 minutes of cooking time, you can enjoy a delicious and healthier alternative to traditional fried pork chops. Follow these instructions and enjoy a tasty meal tonight. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different spices and seasonings to make this recipe your own.
Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops
- Preheat your air fryer to 380°F (195°C). We use a Philips Air Fryer in our kitchen but feel free to use whatever model you have.
- Season both sides of the pork chops with garlic powder, black pepper, and onion powder.
- In a shallow dish, mix together Panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of the pork chops then coat them in the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure to press firmly so that the breading adheres well to the meat.
- Place 2-3 pork chops into the air fryer basket and cook for 7 minutes at 380°F (195°C). Flip and continue cooking for another 5 minutes or until an internal temperature of 145°F is reached when tested with an instant-read thermometer.
- Repeat with remaining pork chops, or you can cook them all together in the air fryer depending on your model.
- Plate and serve with your favorite side dishes. Enjoy!