I love mushrooms – so versatile and delicious! Making breaded mushrooms in an air fryer can be a great way to enjoy them.
These breaded mushrooms are a tasty snack or side dish that’s easy to make and sure to please!
Made with golden breadcrumbs, regular breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, spray oil, two eggs and some flour, this simple recipe yields a delicious treat. Whether you’re serving as an appetizer, or adding it as a side dish to your main course, this air fryer breaded mushrooms recipe is sure to be hit.
In this blog post we’ll cover the ingredients needed for the recipe, instructions on how to make it, some helpful tips and substitutions you can make in the recipe if desired and answers to any FAQs you may have.
- 1 pound button mushrooms (washed)
- ½ cup of golden bread crumbs
- ¼ cup regular bread crumbs
- -¾ teaspoon of salt
- -½ teaspoon of pepper
- Spray oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
Preheat your air fryer by setting the temperature to 380 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Place your washed mushrooms into a large bowl.
Get three separate bowls, one for the eggs, one for the flour, and the final one for the one for the breadcrumbs and salt mixture.
In a bowl whisk together your eggs until it’s a smooth consistency.
In another bowl mix together the golden breadcrumbs, regular bread crumbs, salt and pepper until evenly combined.
In the third bowl place the flour.
Dredge each mushroom in the flour mixture,
Then coat with the egg mixture,
Then finally coat in breadcrumbs.
Place prepared mushrooms into your air fryer basket making sure not to overcrowd them.
Spray lightly with oil before cooking or use an oil mister if you have one.
Cook for 8-12 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through cooking to ensure even browning.
When mushrooms are golden brown remove from air fryer and enjoy your delicious breaded mushrooms!
Tips & Substitutions:
-Feel free to add any additional seasonings that you would like to the breadcrumb mixture.
-If you don’t have all purpose flour you can use cornstarch or wheat flour instead.
-You can also substitute half of the all purpose flour and breadcrumbs with a gluten free variety if desired.
– If you find that your breaded mushrooms are not getting crispy enough, try brushing them lightly with oil before cooking or adding a few extra minutes to the cooking time.
The cooking time for breaded mushrooms in an air fryer will vary depending on the size and type of mushroom being cooked, but typically it should take 8-12 minutes at 380 degrees F (190 degrees C). Be sure to shake the basket halfway through cooking for even browning.
Yes, if you don’t have all purpose flour you can substitute with cornstarch or wheat flour instead. You can also substitute half of the all purpose flour with a gluten free variety if desired.
Feel free to add any additional seasonings that you would like to the breadcrumb mixture such as garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano and parsley. Experiment and find your favorite flavor combination!
No special tools are required however having tongs handy will make flipping them over easier while they are cooking whether that be done inside an Air Fryer or oven – although depending on depth/size of appliance being used overcooked spatula could also work if needed!
Yes! These can be made without an Air Fryer by baking them in an oven at 375°F (190°C) for 15 minutes flipping once halfway through bake time – just ensure that your baking sheet is well lined with parchment paper prior to baking so they don’t stick during baking process!
Button, cremini and shiitake mushrooms are a few varieties that work well for air frying.
Start by cleaning and cutting the mushrooms into even, bite-sized pieces. Then coat them with your desired seasonings or a batter before adding them to the air fryer basket.
Yes, you can freeze cooked breaded mushrooms as long as they’re stored correctly in an airtight container or freezer bag and consumed within two months of freezing them.
It depends on personal preference; however, most people find that the texture of fried foods can be more appealing than baked dishes due to the crispy coating created from frying in oil versus baking without it. Air-frying provides a more health-conscious alternative as it requires less oil than traditional deep-frying methods yet still creates a golden crisp exterior and juicy interior.
Absolutely! All-purpose flour mixed with water can create a classic batter for fried foods; however, you can also experiment with different types of batters such as beer batter or tempura batter for a unique twist on your dish!
Most models require preheating before starting your recipe; however, check your owner’s manual first since some models don’t require preheating or may need only minimal preheating time!
Allow your appliance’s basket (or drawer) to cool completely after use before removing any remaining bits/pieces inside with warm soapy water followed by rinsing/drying thoroughly.
These air fryer breaded mushrooms are perfect for snacking on or adding as a savory side dish. Get creative with what type of dipping sauce(s) you choose to pair these with – think mustard based ones like honey dijon mustard etc., sweet BBQ sauces etc.,or even creamy ranch dressing etc., options are truly endless! We hope you enjoyed learning how easy it is to make these delicious ‘shrooms – happy frying everyone!!
Air Fryer Breaded Mushrooms
- 1 lb Button mushrooms washed
- ½ cup Golden bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Regular bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp All purpose flour
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- Spray oil
- Preheat your air fryer by setting the temperature to 380 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place your washed mushrooms into a large bowl.
- Get three separate bowls, one for the eggs, one for the flour, and the final one for the one for the breadcrumbs and salt mixture.
- In a bowl whisk together your eggs until it’s a smooth consistency.
- In another bowl mix together the golden breadcrumbs, regular bread crumbs, salt and pepper until evenly combined.
- In the third bowl place the flour.
- Dredge each mushroom in the flour mixture, then coat with the egg mixture, then finally coat in breadcrumbs.
- Place prepared mushrooms into your air fryer basket making sure not to overcrowd them.
- Spray lightly with oil before cooking or use an oil mister if you have one.
- Cook for 8-12 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through cooking to ensure even browning.
- When mushrooms are golden brown remove from air fryer and enjoy your delicious breaded mushrooms!
Leave a Reply