This is gold mine of flavor and nutrition! Bone marrow is a nutrient-rich tissue found in the hollow center of bones.
It’s packed with fatty acids, minerals, and vitamins that support good health. In addition, bone marrow has an amazingly rich, buttery taste that makes it a delicious ingredient in many dishes.
Roasted bone marrow is a classic dish that has been enjoyed for centuries. With the help of an air fryer, you can now make bone marrow in a fraction of the time and with much less mess.
What bones shall I use?
The best bones to use are those that have a large, hollow center such as beef or veal shank or thigh. Chicken bones can also be used but they will cook much faster.
– Bone marrow
– Salt, to taste
– Favorite herbs or spices (optional)
1. Preheat the air fryer at 400°F for 5 minutes.
2. Place the bone marrow into the basket of your air fryer, spreading them out evenly.
3. Sprinkle the bone marrow with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Add any desired herbs or spices for extra flavor (optional).
5. Set the timer for 15-18 minutes and allow the bone marrow to cook in the air fryer.
6. Once finished, remove from the basket and enjoy!
– If you want extra flavor, add a few herbs or spices of your choice.
– Keep an eye on the bone marrow while it cooks and shake the basket every 2 minutes for even cooking.
– Serve bone marrow immediately after cooking for best results.
– For a spicier variation, add some chili powder to the bone marrow cubes before cooking.
– If you don’t have any bone marrow on hand, you can substitute beef short ribs instead. They will need to be cooked for longer than 10 minutes in the air fryer.
Q: How do I know when my bone marrow is done cooking?
A: You’ll know it’s done when the edges turn golden brown and crispy. You can also use a meat thermometer to check for an internal temperature of 165°F.
Q: Can I freeze leftovers?
A: Yes, you can! Let your cooked bone marrow cool before transferring it to an airtight container and storing in the freezer for up to three months. When ready to enjoy, thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating in the air fryer or microwave.
Q: Is bone marrow healthy?
A: Yes, bone marrow is a great source of essential vitamins and minerals like iron, zinc, and vitamin A. It is also a good source of healthy fats and protein. Enjoy in moderation for best results!
Q: What can I do if my bone marrow isn’t cooking evenly?
A: If your bone marrow isn’t cooking evenly, you may need to shake the basket every 2 minutes during cooking. This will help ensure that all pieces are cooked through evenly. You can also reduce the temperature of your air fryer slightly and increase the cook time as needed. If nothing works, try moving some of the larger pieces around in the basket for more even cooking. Hope this helps!
Q: Can I use other types of bone for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can definitely use other types of bone to make this dish. However, the cooking time may vary depending on the size and thickness of the pieces. We recommend checking on them every 2-3 minutes to ensure they don’t overcook or burn. Enjoy!
Q: What other ingredients can I add to this recipe?
A: Feel free to get creative and add whatever ingredients you like! Some great options would be garlic or onion powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, or your favorite herbs and spices. You can also make a quick sauce with some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and honey for extra flavor. Have fun experimenting!
So there you have it, everything you need to know about making bone marrow in an air fryer! With this recipe, you can enjoy delicious finger-licking good bone marrow with just a few simple steps. Enjoy!
That’s it for the air fryer bone marrow recipe! Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Want something to try this with? How about my bone marrow butter:
Happy Eating! 🙂
Air Fryer Bone Marrow
- 2-3 Bone marrow bones
- 1 tsp Salt, to taste
- Favorite herbs or spices (optional)
- Preheat the air fryer at 400°F for 5 minutes.
- Place the bone marrow cubes into the basket of your air fryer, spreading them out evenly.
- Sprinkle the bone marrow cubes with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add any desired herbs or spices for extra flavor (optional).
- Set the timer for 15-18 minutes and allow the bone marrow to cook in the air fryer.
- Once finished, remove from the basket and enjoy!