Baked sweet potatoes are a huge deal in our house. They are so easy to make and so flavorful. But, if you’ve ever tried baking them in a conventional oven, you know that it can be quite time-consuming. That’s why we love using an air fryer for this recipe!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- Spray oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash sweet potatoes and pat dry. Cut off any bad spots
3. Using a fork, poke several holes in each sweet potato.
4. Lightly spray potatoes with oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Place potatoes into the basket of your air fryer and cook for 45-50 minutes.
6. Check potatoes after 25 minutes and turn them.
7. Once cooked through, remove from air fryer and let cool before serving.
- If you’re using medium potatoes, they should take about 40-50 minutes. If your potatoes are larger in size, they may need an extra 5-10 minutes.
- Try topping your sweet potato with a dollop of butter and some cinnamon for extra flavor
- You can also use the air fryer to cook other vegetables such as carrots and Brussels sprouts. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
-If you don’t have spray oil, you can use olive oil or coconut oil to lightly coat the potatoes.
-You can also add other seasonings such as garlic powder, paprika, cumin, oregano etc. for extra flavor.
Feel free to play around with different flavours depending on what you like most. Other spices such as oregano, chili powder or cumin all work great in this recipe too!
This will depend on the size of your air fryer and how big you cut your sweet potatoes. Generally, you should be able to fit 3-4 medium sized potatoes in the basket of the air fryer. Make sure to check on them often so they don’t get overcooked!
Yes, sweet potato toast can be made in an air fryer. Simply cut a sweet potato into slices and place them in the dish. Preheat your air fryer to 200°C and cook the toast for 10-14 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Flip the slices halfway through.
Yes, using frozen sweet potato cubes is possible in the air fryer. Preheat your air fryer to 180°C before adding in your frozen sweet potato cubes and cooking for around 20-30 minutes or until they reach a golden brown color. Make sure to flip the cubes halfway through for best results!
Making Korean sweet potatoes in an air fryer is easy! Preheat your air fryer to 180°C before adding in some peeled and cubed sweet potatoes into the basket of your air fryer. Close the lid and cook for 10 minutes before stirring, then continue cooking for another 10 minutes or until they reach a golden brown color.
Trader Joe’s Sweet Potato Gnocchi can be cooked easily with an air fryer! Preheat your airfryer to 190°C before adding a single layer of gnocchi into the basket. Close the lid and cook for 5-7 minutes, flipping once during that time, or until it reaches a crisp outside texture but is still soft inside.
Japanese sweet potatoes are a great snack when cooked with an airfryer! To begin preheat your machine to 170°C before adding peeled and diced sweetness on to a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Lightly brush off some olive oil over top of them evenly before transferring into preheated oven . Cook for around 28 minutes while flipping once throughout so they’re all evenly cooked – they should be nice and tender!
Cooking a sweet potato pie in an air fryer is easy and delicious! Start by preheating the machine to 150°C before pushing room-temperature pastry dough into a greased 9-inch pie plate. Peel and place 1-2 large sweet potatoes onto the dough then scatter over pieces of butter, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Close the lid and let it cook for around 35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Enjoy warm or cold – either way, it’s delicious!
This air-fried sweet potato recipe is simple, healthy, and super delicious. Give this quick and easy recipe a try next time you’re looking for something light but tasty!
Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potato
- 4 Sweet potatoes Medium
- Spray oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash sweet potatoes and pat dry. Cut off any bad spots.
- Using a fork, poke several holes in each sweet potato.
- Lightly spray potatoes with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes into the basket of your air fryer and cook for 45-50 minutes at 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Check potatoes after 25 minutes and turn them over.
- Once cooked through, remove from air fryer and let cool before serving.