Bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin is an elegant and easy main dish for any special occasion. The pork is wrapped in bacon, which helps to keep it moist and flavorful. It is then roasted until tender and juicy. This dish is sure to impress your guests!
This dish is perfect for a special occasion because it is both delicious and easy to make. The pork tenderloin is wrapped in bacon, which helps to keep it moist and flavorful. It is then roasted until tender and juicy.
What is tenderloin?
Pork tenderloin is a lean, tender cut of pork that is ideal for roasting. Some say the taste of tenderloin is similar to that of a filet mignon. For this recipe I have wrapped it in bacon to help keep it moist and flavorful.
Why make bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin in the air fryer?
The air fryer is the perfect tool for making bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin. The bacon gets crisp and delicious, while the pork remains moist and juicy. This dish is sure to send your guests away with happy tummies!
1 pork tenderloin
8 slices of bacon
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wrap the pork tenderloin in bacon, using 8 slices of bacon. Secure the bacon with toothpicks if necessary.
4. Place the pork in the air fryer basket and cook for 20 minutes, or until the pork is cooked through. Turn half way.
5. Remove the pork from the air fryer and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing into thick pieces. Serve after immediately.
How to keep the bacon wrapped around the tenderloin (so it doesn’t come off)
There are a few things you can do to keep the bacon wrapped around the tenderloin:
1. Use toothpicks to secure the bacon in place.
2. Wrap the bacon tightly around the pork, making sure there are no gaps.
3. Use kitchen string to tie the bacon in place.
4. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit before cooking the pork tenderloin. This will help to crisp up the bacon and keep it in place.
If you don’t have pork tenderloin, you can use chicken breast or thighs. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
If you don’t have bacon, you can use ham or Prosciutto.
If you don’t have garlic powder, you can use any other seasoning of your choice. Some good options include Italian seasoning, paprika, or cumin.
What to serve with bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin?
Bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin is delicious on its own. However, it also goes well with a variety of side dishes. Some good options include roasted potatoes, roasted vegetables, quinoa, or rice. Serve this dish with your favorite sides
Recipe tips and tricks
- For a crispier bacon, preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit before cooking the pork tenderloin.
- This dish can also be cooked in the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook the pork tenderloin for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through.
What is the best way to cook pork tenderloin?
How long should I cook pork tenderloin?
Pork tenderloin should be cooked until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Depending on the cooking method, this will take about 25-30 minutes.
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
Yes, you can make bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin ahead of time. Simply wrap the pork in bacon and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours. When you’re ready to cook, simply follow the instructions above.
Can I freeze pork tenderloin?
Yes, you can freeze pork tenderloin. Wrap the pork in bacon and place it in a freezer-safe bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to cook, thaw the pork overnight in the fridge and then follow the instructions above.
Is this like swift bacon wrapped pork filet?
Yes, this dish is similar to a swift bacon wrapped pork filet.
How much does an average pork tenderloin weigh?
An average pork tenderloin weighs about 1-2 pounds.
What muscle is tenderloin?
Pork tenderloin is a long, thin muscle that runs along the spine of the pig. This muscle is very lean and tender, making it a great option for quick-cooking methods such as grilling or roasting.
What to do with tenderloin trimmings?
There are a few different things that you can do with tenderloin trimmings. One option is to grind them up and use them as hamburger meat. Another option is to cut them into small pieces and use them for stir-fry or kebabs. Or, you could simply throw them away.
How many calories are in pork tenderloin ?
There are about 120 calories in 4 ounces of pork tenderloin.
What is the difference between pork tenderloin and pork loin ?
Pork tenderloin and pork loin are two different cuts of meat that come from different parts of the pig. Pork tenderloin is a long, thin muscle that runs along the spine of the pig. Pork loin is a larger cut of meat that comes from the back of the pig. Both cuts of meat are very lean and tender, but pork tenderloin is typically more expensive.
Bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for any occasion. This dish is made with just a few simple ingredients and can be on the table in less than 30 minutes. With its succulent pork and crispy bacon exterior, this dish is sure to please everyone at the table. So, next time you’re looking for a quick and tasty meal, give this bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin a try!
Air fryer bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, salt, smoked paprika, onion powder, black pepper, and brown sugar.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the pork tenderloin.
- Wrap the bacon around the pork tenderloin, overlapping the bacon slices as you go.
- Place the bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin in the air fryer and cook for 20 minutes, or until the pork is cooked through.
- Remove from the air fryer and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!